Nowadays, there are plenty of base model ATV's that are both feature laden and value priced. If you're in the market for a new ATV, starting at the bottom of the price ladder doesn't also mean you'll need to give up all the great features of modern day ATV's
Courtesy of the really great folks at ATV RIDER, here is your official list of 2018 BASE MODEL ATVs:
1. 2018 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS: (photo above) - Yamaha took the guesswork out of deciding whether you need power steering or not, because the base Grizzly 700 is one of the few base models to come standard with Electric Power Steering (EPS). This ATV also has a long history of being one of the most reliable ATV's on the planet.
2. 2018 Yamaha Kodiak 700: Yamaha's mid-size Kodiak goes against the norm of the "middle-child' syndrome" in many families across the world. It's well-behaved and focused on being a solid performer. The Kodiak 7000 shares a great deal in common with the more expensive Grizzly, including the the engine/transmission combination.
3. 2018 Can-Am Outlander X MR 570: One of the more interesting machines on tour list, the Outlander X MR 570 is Can Am's entry level mud machine.. For less than $9k, you'll be rocking a 48HP Rotax twin cylinder with a relocated radiator to keep cool when the mud action is hot. A Visco-Lok QE locking front differential and Tri-Mode Dynamic power steering (DPS) round out some of the highlights
4. 2018 Textron Off-Road Alterra VLX 700: The Alterra's 700 class, fuel-injected engine is impressive itself. The fact that 's it's value priced in the same range as most of the 450cc class market makes it an even more impressive choice.
5. 2018 Polaris Sportsman Touring 570: Polaris' entry-level 2Up ATV rocks Polaris' excellent 44HP ProStar powerplant. The integrated passenger seat makes it simple and easy to safely haul a passenger on the ATV.
6. 2018 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i: For Team Green fans, Kawasaki's Brute Force 750 has a long history of reliability and excellent performance from the powerful V-twin. If power steering doesn't matter for your riding situation, you'll be hard-pressed to find another four-wheel drive ATV that's more fun to ride!
7. 2018 Honda TRX90X: $3049 - The base TRX90X is the least expensive ATV in Honda's lineup, and it is also on of the most popular they offer.