According to a new report, eight men now have the same amount of wealth as the poorest half of the world!!!
Sunday, UK-based OXFAM released a report entitled, An ECONOMY For The 90's, just in time for this week's WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM ANNUAL MEETING 2017 (WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM) (WEC), which aims to combat income inequality. The study found that the eight richest people on the planet—all of whom are men—own $426 billion.
In addition, the world's 10 biggest corporations have more money than the combined total of the 180 poorest countries.
So let's clarify one more time: Eight men have as much money as 3.6 billion people combined. As The New York Times notes, just last year, it took over 60 of the richest people to match the poorer half of the country.
ESQUIRE Magazine says these are The 8 MEN WHO HAVE As MUCH MONEY As HALF Of THE ENTIRE WORLD:
1. Bill Gates ($75 billion, Microsoft);
2. Amancio Ortega ($67 billion, Zara);
3. Warren Buffett ($60.8 billion, Berkshire Hathaway);
4. Carlos Slim Helu ($50 billion, Telecom);
5. Jeff Bezos ($45.2 billion, Amazon)
6. Mark Zuckerberg ($44.6 billion, Facebook)
7. Larry Ellison ($43.6 billion, Oracle)
8.Michael Bloomberg($40 billion, Bloomberg LP)