GOOD LABOR DAY FRIDAY!!!
The LABOR DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND signifies a few things; 1.) the celebration of the LABOR DAY HOLIDAY, 2.) the segue of Summer into Fall, 3.) the official beginning of the Fall School Term, 4.) grilling, Grilling, GRILLING.
The best kind of dinner is one that's quick and simple.
SHRIMP is so fast and easy to prepare with just one rule – don't overcook.
One really great way to cook shrimp is by boiling it.
How to Boil Shrimp:
• Fill a large pot of water with water. There should be enough water so that when you add the shrimp, the water covers the shrimp by 1-2 inches.
• Season the water simply with a few pinches of salt. You can also add other flavor at this point as well. Vinegar, spices and lemon are great options.
• Bring the water to a boil and let it boil for a few minutes, to let the flavors infuse the water.
• Add shrimp to the boiling water.
• Return to a boil and cook just until the shrimp turn pink and a shrimp or two have floated to the top. As soon as they're pink, they're done! Remember the one rule of shrimp: don't overcook 'em!
• Drain the shrimp and then add them to a large bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking!
Though it will soon officially be Fall, SHRIMP dishes are great year-round. So, courtesy of our good friends over at ESQUIRE, check out the DELICIOUS DOZEN of 17 SHRIMP DISHES YOU SHOULD EAT ALL SUMMER:
1.) SWEET & SPICY MANGO SHRIMP
2.) MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED SHRIMP QUINOA SALAD
3.) BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP With BASIL-PEACH SAUCE
4.) NEW ORLEANS-STYLE BARBEQUE SHRIMP
5.) MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL
6.) STIR-FRY SHRIMP With ROASTED CHILI PASTE
7.) CHILE SPICED SHRIMP TACOS
8.) GRILLED LEMON And THYME SHRIMP And VEGGIE SKEWERS
9.) MEXICAN SEAFOOD PAELLA
10.) SHRIMP CHOW MEIN
11.) SHRIMP SCAMPI With ANGEL HAIR PASTA
12.) GRILLED SHRIMP With LEMON RISOTTO