Meet LOLO JONES (far left), JAZMINE FENLATOR (far right), LAURYN WILLIAMS (second from left) and AJA EVANS (third from left) of the 2014 TEAM USA OLYMPIC WOMEN'S BOBSLED TEAM!!!
Introduce yourself to our CRAZY COOL GROOVY Jazzy Jewels that are the 2014 SOCHI OLYMPIANS.
* Lolo has an extensive resume in track and field, winning consecutive indoor national and world championships in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012.
* Her birth name is Lori and in the 60-meter hurdles, she set a record of 7.72 seconds (holding the American record).
*On her sporting philosophy: “I am inspired by failure. The process of defeat, picking yourself back up again, is the hardest thing in the world.”
* On how her accomplishments might inspire others: " My first thought was a flashback to ‘Cool Runnings.’ My next thought was remembering how Vonetta Flowers became the first African-American woman to win a gold medal in a winter sport in the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City, and it was in bobsled. I wanted to show disadvantaged kids that it’s not where you come from, it’s where you end up.”
* Her family nearly lost their home in 2011 because of Hurriance Irene.
* Lauryn began her athletic career in track and field. She competed in the 2004 summer Olympics, the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and the 2012 London Olympics winning a gold in 2012 for the 4x100 relay and silver in the 100-meter dash in 2004.
* Aja comes from a family of famed athletes. Her brother Fred played defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings; her uncle Gary Matthews Sr. had a 15-year MLB career and later coached the Chicago Cubs; her cousin Gary Matthews Jr. was an MLB outfielder for 12 seasons.
*When asked about her fave food, she couldn't pick just one: "My all-time favorite meal is my Mom’s Thanksgiving dinner! Everything from the Cajun turkey, Sweet potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Greens, Shrimp salad, Cranberry Sauce, Honey Glazed ham, Sweet potato pie, Carmel cake. This list goes on, and on."